2020 Memorial Tournament Rank fantasy Sports

2020 Memorial Tournament Rankings, Course Preview, Player Field and Targets from Each Range

Jul 14, 2020

The PGA stays put here at Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio for the second straight event! This week Muirfield will host the Memorial Tournament, one of the biggest non major tournaments on the PGA Tour schedule. Patrick Cantlay looks to defend his title, and for the first time since February we will see “THE” Tiger Woods try to capture his 83rd victory on tour and his 6th Memorial Tournament victory! The field will consist of 133 players, including 76 of the top 100 ranked players in the Official World Golf Ranking (OWGR). The only player in the top 10 ranked players we won’t see is Adam Scott. The nine we will see are Rory Mcilroy, Jon Rahm, Justin Thomas, Dustin Johnson, Webb Simpson, Brooks Koepka, Bryson Dechambeau, Patrick Reed, and Patrick Cantlay. Of the 133-player field, 88 of them played this track last week at the Workday Charity Open, 45 of them missed the cut, and 9 of them finish T-7 or better.

It will be interesting to see the second tournament in a row at Muirfield Village, and how differently the course will play this week vs last week. The Memorial will play as a Par-72 7,392-yard bent grass course. They have been growing the rough out since the start of last week so players will need to keep it in the short grass. We saw how penal the rough was last week and it could be a lot worse this week! Another big change this week will be the green speeds, they will be rolling at lightning speeds of over 13 on the stint meter, compared to 11 last week. This is going to be a huge deal, considering how hard it was for players to get up and down last week out of the rough around the greens and in the greenside bunkers. Course knowledge and experience will be a huge factor this week, and the guys that played last week will have a competitive edge even though the course will be playing different!

The conditions at Muirfield Village Golf Club look to be similar, if not worse than last week! The temperatures will be in the high 60s low 70s in the mornings and upper 80s lower 90s in the afternoons with winds from 7-10 mph. It’s supposed to be cloudy with a 30% chance of rain on Thursday, Friday and Saturday the chance of rain increases to 50% and start to clear up for round 4 on Sunday with only a 20% chance of rain! There were multiple stoppages of play last week on Friday, and changes of schedule on Saturday and Sunday at the Workday Charity Open. Hopefully the weather stays pretty calm and we can get through the tournament with little to no stoppage in play!

$10,000+ Range

rory mcilroy Rank Fantasy Sports

Rory Mcilroy

$10,700

The number 1 ranked player returns to Memorial this week after a two-week break from action! He was the hottest player on the planet before the pandemic and showed flashes of that in his first few tournaments back. He’s had trouble on the greens which have kept him from finishing higher than he should, but with the two week break from action we expect that problem to be resolved. Muirfield Village has been a great track for Rory, having recorded an 8th4th and 15th place finish here in prior seasons. He really checks all the boxes that you want here; according to Fantasy National Golf Club, over the last 50 rounds he ranks 1st in SG: Total, 1st in SG: Tee2Green, 4th in Ball Stiking, 3rd in SG: Off the Tee, 22nd in SG: Approach, 4th in SG: Around the Green, and 23rd in SG: Putting. Rory’s game is perfect for this course, and he has the ability to win any tournament against any field! H

Other Targets From This Range

Justin Thomas : $10,900, Bryson Dechambeau : $11,100

$9,000 Range

Patrick Cantlay Rank Fantasy Sports

Patrick Cantlay

$9,800

Patrick Cantlay looks to defend his Memorial Tournament title here at Muirfield Village this week! Cantlay played here last week for the Workday Charity Open, entering the final round 4 under par and in 33rd place. He fired a 7 under par 65 with two bogeys on the card to secure a place in the top 10, tying for 7th place. This is a very comfortable track for the defending champ, recording a 1st, 4th, and now T-7th here already. Cantlay is a guy that can catch fire at any point during a round, you can expect to see that a few times this weekend! Bent Grass is his favorite putting surface, and he will be a guy that appreciates the greens speeding back up this week compared to last week. There really aren’t any holes in Cantlay’s game and combine that with a course that he loves, we could easily see him defending his title successfully! Sunday afternoon look for Patrick Cantlay near the top of the leaderboard.

Other Targets From This Range

Webb Simpson : $9,600, Jon Rahm : $9,300 , Xander Schauffele : $9,200, Brooks Koepka : $9,100, Tiger Woods : $9,000, Viktor Hovland : $9,500

$8,000 Range

Daniel Bereger Rank Fantasy Sports

Daniel Berger

$8,700

Daniel Berger is having a career year, busting out 5 top 10 finishes in a row, including a win, a 3rd, 4th, and 5th place finish! He played in the first two tournaments after the 3-month hiatus and secured his win at the Charles Schwab and his 3rd place finish at the RBC Heritage. You could make a case for him to be the hottest player in golf right now. According to Fantasy National, over the last 24 rounds he ranks 2nd in SG: Total, 11th in Ball Striking, 10th in SG: Approach, and 6th in SG: Putting! We don’t see him slowing down here at Muirfield Village. If you’ve watched Berger play recently, he doesn’t miss many greens and when he does, he gets the ball up and down with ease, and he has a great putting stroke. This combination should be a perfect recipe for another high finish this weekend!

Other Targets From This Range

Gary Woodland : $8,600, Abraham Ancer : $8,500, Patrick Reed : $8,400, Tony Finau : $8,300

$7,000 Range

harris english rank fantasy sports

Harris English

$7,300

Harris English is another guy that is putting together a solid season. He’s recorded 5 top 10 finishes in 13 tournaments and looks to be in a groove. His price of $7,300 is an absolute steal this week and should bring you a lot of value to snag some more of the $9,000 + guys. English is a guy that’s going to put himself in position to score off the tee, ranking 25th in that category over the last 50 rounds. When he misses the greens his short game is excellent, ranking 19th in that category over the last 50 rounds. He gains strokes vs the field on bent greens and gives himself a lot of looks at birdie! English could put on a clinic here at Muirfield, and his price makes him a lock for Rank Fantasy Sports.

Other Targets From This Range

Adam Hadwin : $7,400, Joaquin Niemann : $7,900, Jordan Spieth : $7,700, Billy Horschel : $7,500, Ian Poulter : $7,600, Paul Casey : $7,900, J.T. Poston : $7,000, Lucas Glover : $7,100

$6,000 Range

nick taylor rank fantasy sports

Nick Taylor

$6,900

Nick Taylor made his return to the action for the first time since the pandemic last week at Muirfield Village. Other than his 5 over par, 76 on Saturday, Taylor played Muirfield Village great! On Thursday last week he recorded a 5 under par bogey free round with an eagle on the card, so we know the guy can score at this golf course. Taylor has put together a solid start to the season, winning the AT&T Pro-Am back in February, and finishing 10th in the Safeway Open. Bent Grass Greens are the only greens that Nick Taylor gains strokes on vs the field so if he can get hot with the flat stick on his favorite putting surface, he could make a run at this tournament as well. Last week Taylor lost 3.8 strokes putting, where he normally gains .15 on bent greens. This could have been a result of the greens rolling slow, but if he can put together the same performance from tee to green, I believe the flat stick will be there for him this week with the green speeds back to their lightning speed. He scored 76.5 DK points last week without making putts, so at $6,900 he’s definitely worth another look!

Other Targets From This Range

Matthias Schwab : $6,400, Brendon Todd :$6,900, Jim Furyk : $6,500, Bud Cauley : $6,600, Haotong Li : $6,500, Mark Hubbard : $6,700, Carlos Ortiz : $6,400, Stewart Cink : $6,100, Matthew NeSmith : $6,200, Henrik Norlander : $6,300

Build your winning DFS lineup

Let us show you how we make it easy to win using our stats, strategies, insights, data-viz and an ever-growing list of other time-saving, money-making player ready tools.

get started with a free 7-Day Pass

NO RISK – WIN BEFORE YOU PAY

You May Also Like…

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share This

Share this post with your friends!