2020 Workday Charity Open rank fantasy sports

2020 Workday Charity Open Rankings, Course Preview, Player Field and Targets from Each Range

Jul 7, 2020

The PGA Tour heads to Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio for the next two weeks. This week it will host the Workday Charity Open and next week it will be hosting the Memorial Tournament. We will see the return of the first COVID-19 victim on tour, Nick Watney. The field will consist of 156 players, including 10 of the top 20 ranked players in the Official World Golf Ranking (OWGR). These 10 players are Jon Rahm, Justin Thomas, Brooks Koepka, Patrick Cantlay, Patrick Reed, Xander Schauffele, Justin Rose, Marc Leishman, Matt Kuchar, and Gary Woodland. All of which are coming back from a week off minus Patrick Reed who missed the cut at the Rocket Mortgage, making it his second missed cut in 4 starts back from the pandemic. This field is packed with elite talent and should make for a very competitive leaderboard.

This will be the first year of the Workday Charity Open which will replace the cancelled John Deere Classic. It will be interesting to see back to back tournaments at the same venue, but the course will be set up to play differently in each tournament. The Workday Charity Open will play as a Par-72 7,456 yard bent grass course, while the Memorial will only play 7,392 yards. The rough will be cut shorter this week to grow for the Memorial next week, so players will not be penalized as much this week for hitting into the rough. Another difference for this week will be green speed. The Workday Charity Open greens will be rolling at a slower speed this week than the Memorial next week. The last major differences will be the tee box positioning and flag placements, which explains the difference in total yardage for the two tournaments. They will do this to make sure they don’t wear out the course back to back weeks.

The conditions at Muirfield Village Golf Club could be a little wet this weekend. The temperatures will be in the high 60s low 70s in the mornings and upper 80s lower 90s in the afternoons with winds from 4-10 mph. Thursday looks to be the best weather with only a 20 % chance of precipitation, Friday and Saturday those chances rise to 50 %, and Sunday lowering to 30 %. These conditions could also make a huge difference in the way the two tournaments play. Hopefully we don’t see any stoppage in play and the rain stays light or away all together.

$10,000+ Range

jon rahm rank fantasy sports

Jon Rahm

$10,900

Jon Rahm, the number 2 ranked player in the world is set for his return from the week off last week. He has been playing well since the Charles Schwab where he missed the cut, and we expect his game to be all the way back in top form this week. He has been a little bit off with his irons since golf started back ranking 54th in SG Approach in the field over the last 24 rounds according to Fantasy National. Jon Rahm is an outstanding iron player, so if he can just dial in those irons back to normal he will be a tough man to beat. According to Fantasy National, over the last 24 rounds he ranks 2nd in Strokes gained Total, 8th in strokes gained tee to green, 14th in ball striking, 2nd in strokes gained off the tee, and 8th in sg putting. He lost 4.3 strokes on approach in his last outing and still finished 37th in the tournament. The Spaniard had the week off to sharpen the best part of his game last week, and we think he will be ready to put on a clinic here at Muirfield Village. Definitely look for Jon Rahm at the top of the leaderboard when it’s all said and done.

Other Targets From This Range

Patrick Cantlay : $10,600 , Brooks Koepka : $10,400 , Xander Schauffele : $10,200

$9,000 Range

victor hovland rank fantasy sports

Victor Hovland

$9,500

Victor Hovland has been on fire since the pandemic! He has been putting himself into contention week in and week out and it’s just a matter of time before he breaks through and wins. According to Fantasy National, over the last 24 rounds he leads the field in Ball Striking! He ranks 5th in strokes gained off the tee, 8th in strokes gained approach, and 6th in strokes gained tee to green. If his short game can come together for just one week, he will dominate a tournament with the way his ball striking is right now. You don’t want to miss out on the week he gets hot with the putter. In his last two outings at the Travelers and the Rocket Mortgage he lost more than 3.3 and 3.5 strokes putting and still finished 11th and 12th in the tournaments. Bent Grass is his best putting surface and if he can just get to the field average in putting this week he has a great chance to get his second win of the season and of his early career!

Other Targets From This Range

Collin Morikawa : $9,200 , Justin Rose : $9,700

$8,000 Range

gary woodland rank fantasy sports

Gary Woodland

$8,300

Gary Woodland’s finishes really haven’t told the story of the way he’s been playing!  He has been the best iron player, in our opinion since the return from the pandemic, but he has had some blow up holes that have really cost him in each of the last 2 tournaments. According to Fantasy National, over the last 24 rounds he ranks 4thin Strokes Gained Approach, even after losing 1.9 strokes in his last outing. He ranks 13th in ball striking, 12thin strokes gained total, 22nd in strokes gained tee to green, and 23rd in strokes gained putting. He’s really been getting himself in trouble off the tee ranking 89th in the field in that category. With the rough being short this week at a course that plays easy off the tee, Woodland has a lot of potential to tear this course up. This is a second shot golf course, and like we said he as hot as anybody right now with an iron in his hand. The defending U.S. Open Champion looks to be a solid DraftKings play this week.

Other Targets From This Range

Patrick Reed : $8,800 , Adam Hadwin : $8,200 , Sunjae Im : $8,900 , Joaquin Niemann : $8,400 , Matthew Fitzpatrick : $8,000 , Matt Kuchar : $8,500

$7,000 Range

Scottie Scheffler rank fantasy sports

Scottie Scheffler

$7,800

Scottie Scheffler has not been on the right track since golf has returned, but after shooting a +7, 79 in round 1 of the Rocket Mortgage last weekend, he fired a -7, 65 in round 2 to get him back to Even Par. He missed the cut, but showed a lot of fight and encouragement with his round 2 performance. Scheffler is a great play at a discounted price of $7,800 and a lot of people will probably be scared to go back to him after back to back missed cuts, but we are looking for him to have a huge bounce back this weekend at Muirfield Village! He’s been losing strokes on approach in his last couple of outings, which is usually not the case with him. Other than his last couple events, he’s had a great season and we are looking to him to be back in full form this week. He’s a guy that’s going to put himself in solid position off the tee, ranking 7th in the field in that category over the last 24 rounds. We really see him turning it around this week and having a huge tournament.

Other Targets From This Range

Billy Horschel : $7,500, Macerick McNeally : $7,500, Bud Cauley : $7,100 , Byeong Hun An : $7,900 , Harold Varner III : $7,500 , Kevin Streelman : $7,800 , Ian Poulter : $7,500

$6,000 Range

nick taylor rank fantasy sports

Nick Taylor

$6,700

Nick Taylor is making his return to the action for the first time since the pandemic this week at Muirfield Village. He was having a great start to the season before we had to take the unfortunate break. He won the AT&T Pro-Am back in February, and finished 10th in the Safeway Open. Bent Grass Greens are the only greens that Nick Taylor gains strokes on vs the field so if he can get hot with the flat stick on his favorite putting surface he could make a run at this tournament as well. It’s really going to depend on his irons, in tournaments that he has gained strokes on approach this season he’s finished 1st, 32nd, 10th, and 24th. At a price of $6,700 we are willing to take that chance on a guy that’s on his favorite putting surface, and has the capability of winning a golf tournament. Making the cut here will pay off at this price, but we think he has the upside to break through and finish inside the top 30.

Other Targets From This Range

Matthew NeSmith : $6,800 , Sebastian Munoz : $6,800 , Carlos Ortiz : $6,400 , Vaughn Taylor : $6,900 , Jim Furyk : $6,900 , Denny McCarthy : $6,100 , Brandon Wu : $6,500 , Richy Werenski : $6,800 , Harry Higgs : $6,500

Build your winning DFS lineup

Let us show you how we make it easy to win using our stats, strategies, insights, data-viz and an ever-growing list of other time-saving, money-making player ready tools.

get started with a free 7-Day Pass

NO RISK – WIN BEFORE YOU PAY

You May Also Like…

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share This

Share this post with your friends!